NEW YORK – The National Basketball Association (NBA) and National Basketball Players Association (NBPA) today jointly announced that LeBron James and the Los Angeles Lakers secured the top spots on the NBA’s Most Popular Jersey and Team Merchandise lists for the second consecutive year. Results are based on NBAStore.com sales from October 2019 through December 2019.
The Milwaukee Bucks’ Giannis Antetokounmpo ranked No. 2 on the player list followed by the Golden State Warriors’ Stephen Curry (No. 3), the Boston Celtics’ Jayson Tatum (No. 4) and the Houston Rockets’ James Harden (No. 5).
On the team merchandise list, the Lakers are followed by the Celtics (No. 2), Philadelphia 76ers (No. 3), Toronto Raptors (No. 4) and Bucks (No. 5).
- The Bucks’ Antetokounmpo (No. 2), the Celtics’ Tatum (No. 4) and the Dallas Mavericks’ Luka Dončić (No. 6) all earn their highest rankings to date.
- New Orleans Pelicans rookie Zion Williamson (No. 15) makes his debut on the most popular jerseys list.
- The Raptors crack the top five in team merchandise sales for the first time.
- The Brooklyn Nets rank in the top ten in team merchandise sales for the first time since 2014.
Top 15 Most Popular NBA Jerseys: Top 10 Most Popular Team Merchandise:
- LeBron James, Los Angeles Lakers 1. Los Angeles Lakers
- Giannis Antetokounmpo, Milwaukee Bucks 2. Boston Celtics
- Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors 3. Philadelphia 76ers
- Jayson Tatum, Boston Celtics 4. Toronto Raptors
- James Harden, Houston Rockets 5. Milwaukee Bucks
- Luka Dončić, Dallas Mavericks 6. Golden State Warriors
- Kawhi Leonard, Los Angeles Clippers 7. Houston Rockets
- Anthony Davis, Los Angeles Lakers 8. Chicago Bulls
- Joel Embiid, Philadelphia 76ers 9. Miami Heat
- Kyrie Irving, Brooklyn Nets 10. Brooklyn Nets
- Ben Simmons, Philadelphia 76ers
- Kevin Durant, Brooklyn Nets
- Russell Westbrook, Houston Rockets
- Kemba Walker, Boston Celtics
- Zion Williamson, New Orleans Pelicans