EDMONTON – The eighth NBA Canada Series presented by Bell will feature two sold-out preseason games in Edmonton (Sunday, Oct. 2) and Montreal (Friday, Oct. 14), marking the first time the NBA Canada Series will be held since 2019. On Oct. 2, the Toronto Raptors will take on the Utah Jazz at Rogers Place in Edmonton, AB, marking the first Canada Series appearance for the Jazz and the first NBA game at Rogers Place. Fans across Canada can watch the game live on Sportsnet at 4:00 p.m. MT / 6:00 p.m. E.T.
Here is a by-the-numbers look at the 2022 NBA Canada Series presented by Bell game in Edmonton:
NBA Canada Series presented by Bell:
- 1 – This is the first time an NBA Canada Series presented by Bell game will be played in Edmonton.
- 4 – During the 2022 NBA preseason, the Raptors will hold team activities and games across four Canadian cities: Victoria, B.C. (training camp), Edmonton, AB; Montreal, QC and Toronto, ON.
- 5 – The Raptors and Jazz feature a combined five Canadian players on training camp rosters: Dalano Banton (TOR), Khem Birch (TOR), Chris Boucher (TOR), Nickeil Alexander-Walker (UTA) and Kelly Olynyk (UTA).
- 10 – The 2022 NBA Canada Series presented by Bell marks 10 years since the first Canada Series game was held in Montreal, QC.
- 12 – 12 NBA marketing partners and organizations will activate around the preseason game in Edmonton.
- 14 – A total of 14 NBA teams have participated in 14 preseason games across five provinces as part of the NBA Canada Series presented by Bell since 2012.
- 14 – The Raptors and Jazz feature a combined 14 international players on training camp rosters.
- 20 – Ticket prices for the preseason game started at $20.
- 34 – Jazz head coach Will Hardy is one of the youngest head coaches in the league, at 34 years old (1988).
- 72 – The 72nd NBA All-Star game will be held at Vivint Arena, home of the Jazz on Sunday, Feb. 19, 2023.
- 214 – NBA games and programming are available in 214 countries and territories in more than 50 languages.
NBA in Canada
- 6 – Throughout the 2022-23 preseason and regular season, NBA games will have been held in six different countries: Canada, France, Japan, Mexico, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and the U.S.
- 20 – There were a record 20 Canadian players (including two-way players) on opening-night rosters for the 2021-22 NBA season.
- 46.9 – During the 2021-22 season, NBA programming reached nearly half (46.9%) of all TV households in Canada.
- 1891 – The game of basketball was invented by Canadian Dr. James Naismith in 1891.
- 500,000 – NBA Canada’s social media following across Instagram, TikTok, Twitter and Facebook increased by nearly half a million followers last season.