MIAMI – The Miami Heat will meet the Dallas Mavericks for the second time in five years when The Finals 2011 tips off on ABC tonight at 9 p.m. ET. NBA fans in 215 countries and territories will watch, listen, and participate in this crowning event through an array of multimedia and digital technologies.
The Finals Spans the Globe
- 215 – The Finals will be televised in 215 countries and territories in 46 languages.
- 8 – International players that will compete in The Finals: Joel Anthony (Canada), Zydrunas Ilgauskas (Lithuania), and Jamaal Magloire (Canada) from Miami; Jose Juan Barea (Puerto Rico), Rodrigue Beaubois (France), Ian Mahinmi (France), Dirk Nowitzki (Germany), and Peja Stojakovic (Serbia) from Dallas.
The Finals on ABC.
- 5 – The ESPN on ABC commentator team of Mike Breen, Mark Jackson, and Jeff Van Gundy will call The Finals for a record 5th consecutive year.
- 32 – ABC will use 32 high-definition cameras to deliver crisp game action.
- 6 – The network will use 6 Super Slo-Mo cameras during each broadcast and 1 SkyCam.
The Finals in Live 3D
- 3D – Led by ESPN 3D in the United States, 6 broadcast partners – Foxtel (Australia), BesTV (China), NTV (Turkey), Sky 3D (UK) – will present The Finals in live 3D to an international audience for the first time.
- 40 – NBA TV will provide more than 40 hours of live programming from The Finals.
- 8 – NBA TV analysts collected 8 NBA championship rings during their playing days (Kevin McHale: 3, Kenny Smith: 2, Brent Barry: 2, Steve Smith: 1).
- 2.5 Billion – A record of more than 2.5 billion videos have been viewed by fans on NBA.com this season.
NBA Entertainment (NBAE)
- 300,000 – Feet of film, video and high-definition tape will be used by 6 different NBAE crews, which will document each game.
- 6 – NBAE-produced shows will film on site at The Finals, including, NBA TV’s Sounds of the Finals, Mini-Movies presented by Kia on NBA.com, and the NBA Championship DVD.
NBA Social Media Highlights
- 8.8 million – More than 8.8 million fans on the league’s Facebook page will have access to exclusive content.
- 2.6 million – More than 250 tweets will be sent from The Finals to more than 2.6 million followers on the NBA Twitter page.
The Heat vs. The Mavericks
- 9 – Players on the Mavs roster with at least 10 years experience in the NBA.
- 386 – Since he last won The Finals, Heat guard Dwyane Wade has played in 386 games.
- 467 – Mavericks forward Dirk Nowitzki has played in 467 games since the 2006 Finals.
- 5 – Number of players remaining from Dallas and Miami during The Finals 2006 (Dirk Nowitzki and Jason Terry of the Mavericks; Dwyane Wade, Udonis Haslem and Erick Dampier of the Heat. Dampier played for Mavericks during The Finals 2006.)