NEW YORK – NBA Global Games 2014-15, which tips off today, includes a total of nine NBA teams playing seven regular-season and preseason games in seven cities in six countries.
The five preseason games will feature the Brooklyn Nets, Cleveland Cavaliers, Miami Heat, Sacramento Kings and San Antonio Spurs playing a series of games in Brazil, China, Germany, and Turkey from Oct. 8 – 15. NBA Global Games will continue in the regular season with the Houston Rockets and Minnesota Timberwolves playing at the Mexico City Arena on Nov. 12, and the Milwaukee Bucks and New York Knicks at The O2 on Jan. 15.
The following is a look at NBA Global Games 2014-15 by the numbers:
- 7 — Different sites will host NBA games this season (Berlin, Istanbul, Rio de Janeiro, Shanghai, Beijing, Mexico City and London).
- 75,159 — Miles NBA teams collectively will travel for NBA Global Games.
- 215 — Countries and territories where NBA Global Games 2014-15 will be broadcast.
- 44 — International players from the NBA participating in Global Games 2014-15.
- 54 — NBA Global Games will reach fans through 54 TV and digital partners.
- 695 Million — More than 695 million followers and likes combined across all league, team, and player pages on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Sina, and Tencent.
- 14 — NBA Legends traveling to interact with fans around the world (Austin Carr, Bill Cartwright, Jim Chones, Chris Mullin, Darryl Dawkins, Gary Payton , George Gervin, Mitch Richmond, Peja Stojakovic, Sam Perkins, Sean Elliott, Shaquille O’Neal, Steve Smith, and Vlade Divac).
- 8 — NBA Cares events being held in seven cities across six countries and territories on four continents.
- 8 — NBA team mascots will be traveling to Global Games (Slamson – SAC, Coyote – SAS, Burnie – MIA, Bango – MIL, Crunch – MIN, Clutch – HOU, and Moondog & Sir CC – CLE).