The following press release is from USA Basketball:
COLORADO SPRINGS, COLO. – USA Basketball will join various partners during an eventful summer schedule to provide fans unique experiences, content, and offerings throughout the USA Basketball Men’s and Women’s National Team training camps and USA Basketball Showcase presented by Verizon.
Partners will activate throughout USA Basketball’s nine exhibition games in eight markets, where the men’s and women’s national teams will take on top opponents in preparation for this summer’s Olympics in Rio de Janeiro. Partners will also help deliver an inside look at the preparation that goes into USA Basketball’s drive for its third straight Olympic gold medal.
A major emphasis this summer, partners will help host USA Basketball Youth Development Clinics and Coach Academies. Operated by certified USA Basketball Youth Development clinicians, the clinics will introduce children ages 6-14 to the game of basketball in a fun and structured learning environment. Similarly, each USA Basketball Youth Coach Academy presented by Nike will provide coaches with valuable insight and training for teaching the game to young players.
“This is sure to be an exciting and historical summer,” said Jerry Colangelo, USA Basketball chairman and men’s national team managing director. “We’re eager to share this excitement with our partners, who continue to help us bring fans closer to USA Basketball through a variety of live events and programming, celebrating our teams and players.”
Below is an overview of USA Basketball partner activations taking place this summer:
- Paul George will be featured on the cover of NBA 2K17, outfitted in his USA Basketball uniform.
- Budweiser will host mobile Build-A-Bar setups near or around the arena of multiple markets of the 2016 USA Basketball Showcase.
- Events will include USA Basketball legend appearances, live DJs, USA Basketball-themed giveaways and interactive games, and bars featuring Budweiser beer.
- The Houston footprint will build upon the brand’s “Bud and Burgers” summer campaign, where Budweiser will host a burger food truck, a tent serving Budweiser, seating, and games.
- Anheuser-Busch will also host an event at its recently opened Beer Park by Budweiser at the Paris Hotel in Las Vegas.
- Aquafina will have brand presence in-arena through courtside signage and in-game promotions.
- Aquafina will also host exit sampling of Aquafina Sparkling at select Showcase venues.
- Baron, the official championship ring provider for USA Basketball, will introduce a co-branded digital vignette highlighting the legacy of USA Basketball.
- Baron will ask fans to share their favorite USA Basketball memories via Twitter for the chance to win USA Basketball-themed prizes.
- Baron will also be launching a line of USA Basketball-branded accessories.
- Cisco’s technology will be present throughout the summer.
- Cisco TelePresence connected players with media at the men’s team unveiling, and will be used during summer events.
- Cisco will integrate its technology into USA Basketball’s operations and help key executives connect across the globe.
- While in Rio, Cisco technology will help players connect with loved ones who are cheering them on in the United States.
- Cisco and USA Basketball will produce original content, focusing on the team “Getting Ready for Rio”
- USA Basketball will be present throughout Cisco’s Annual Family Day at company headquarters on Aug. 5.
- At Cisco Family Day, USA Basketball will host basketball clinics and autograph sessions and provide USA Basketball-branded giveaways.
- Cîroc will host VIPs at the USA Basketball Welcome Reception presented by Cîroc, featuring meet-and-greets with men’s team members and coaches.
- Cîroc will also host sendoff parties for both the men’s and women’s teams in Houston and New York City, respectively.
- FedEx will host VIP dinners – featuring USA Basketball legend appearances – in two exhibition markets (Los Angeles and Chicago).
- Gatorade will provide product, including coolers, towels, cups, and carts, for every Showcase game and practice throughout the summer.
- Gatorade recently released USA Basketball-themed product packaging featuring its roster athlete Paul George.
- The packaging release is part of the “For the Love of Sports” campaign, which features Paul George and Elena Delle Donne, alongside Usain Bolt, Lionel Messi, Serena Williams, and April Ross.
- Gatorade will provide product for USA Basketball Youth Development events, including clinics, open courts, and academies.
- Experts from the Gatorade Sports Science Institute have teamed up with USA Basketball Youth Development staff to incorporate hydration plus sports fueling guidelines into the USA Basketball Coach Certification program’s Curriculum (which includes online workshops and questionnaires) and Coach Guidebook.
- As players arrive at training camp, they’ll receive Harman gift bags featuring assorted JBL product, including a custom set of USA Basketball-themed headphones with red, white, blue, and gold print, and a private message from Harman congratulating each player on his selection.
Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS)
- An HSS physician will serve as the official team doctor and provide medical care for all USA Basketball events throughout the summer.
- As part of “Real Training Camp,” a live broadcast of a USA Basketball men’s practice, an HSS physician will discuss what type of preparation goes into treating the team during the Showcase and Olympic Games.
- Jeep is the exclusive automotive sponsor of USA Basketball.
- Jeep will serve as the presenting partner of “Real Training Camp,” which will celebrate its shared 75th anniversary with the men and women in uniform and the USO.
- Jeep launched two nationwide commercials around its third annual Summer of Jeep and 4x4ever campaigns featuring Paul George.
- Jeep will host a meet-and-greet event with Paul George and Jalen Rose, ABC/ESPN analyst and national radio/TV host, to celebrate the partnership (Chicago).
- Jeep will debut a vignette series spotlighting George’s USA Basketball journey, from playing on the Select Team, to his injury in 2014, to making it back to the global stage.
- Paul George’s #myjeepstory will be featured as part of the series.
- Jeep will sponsor a tech talk with USA Basketball legends and scholars from the Jalen Rose Leadership Academy in Detroit.
- Kaiser Permanente and USA Basketball Youth Development will host youth fitness clinics at local community centers in each Showcase market.
- The clinics, which will introduce the importance of staying active and healthy, include:
- A Kaiser Permanente-managed health station featuring health and wellness education (in select markets)
- Attendance by USA Basketball legends, Kaiser Permanente executives, and local community representatives
- Youth Q&As with USA Basketball legends
- A Total Health Pledge encouraging each participant to personally commit to leading a healthy and active lifestyle
- Marriott will host unique USA Basketball hospitality experiences in every market including meet-and-greets and tickets to each Showcase game, available to Marriott Rewards members as part of its new Experiences Marketplace.
- Nike will serve as the Official Apparel Provider for the USA Basketball Men’s and Women’s National Teams.
- Nike will produce a USA Basketball-themed spot uniting members of the men’s and women’s teams.
- Nike will also produce a vignette series highlighting the legacy of the 1996 USA Basketball Women’s National Team and its influence on the 2016 squad. The series will run on Nike and USA Basketball’s digital and social channels.
- Nike will serve as presenting partner of all Showcase broadcasts.
- Nike will also serve as a presenting partner of the USA Basketball Youth Development events (Youth Clinics, Open Courts, Coach Academies), including:
- Six Coach Academies
- 10 Open Courts
- 18 Youth Clinics
- Samsung will equip the men’s and women’s teams and coaching staffs with new tablets and other devices.
- Tablets will hold the official team playbook and enable players to watch game film, keep up with schedules, read scouting reports, and review meeting notes.
- Samsung will produce a new Samsung 360 content series featuring behind-the-scenes access to the USA Basketball training camp and Showcase tour.
- As the Official Mouthguard of USA Basketball, Shock Doctor will offer product sampling at USA Basketball Youth Clinics in each city to provide young players information about mouth safety and mouthguards.
- Shock Doctor will present to attendees at USA Basketball Youth Coach Academies to raise awareness about mouth injuries and the benefits of mouthguards in basketball.
- Shock Doctor has introduced a digital sweepstakes, awarding tickets to each Showcase game (bit.ly/InYourFaceExperience).
- State Farm will offer fans sign-making stations and branded giveaways on the concourse of each Showcase game.
- State Farm will also further promote its “Here to Help Life Go Right” mantra through various media opportunities.
- State Farm will present real-time #RapidReplay and #AssistofTheNight posts on USA Basketball’s Twitter handle during each Showcase game, a first for the channel.
- As presenting partner of the USA Basketball Showcase, Verizon will receive premium branding throughout the tour, including in-arena signage and a special VIP hospitality program.
- Verizon will host VIPs at two hospitality events, featuring USA Basketball legend meet-and-greets and autograph sessions, and giveaways in Chicago and Houston.
Wynn Las Vegas
- Wynn Las Vegas will serve as the Official Hospitality Partner of USA Basketball and Official Training Camp Home of the Men’s National Team.
About USA Basketball
Based in Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA Basketball, chaired by Colangelo, is a nonprofit organization and the national governing body for men’s and women’s basketball in the United States. As the recognized governing body for basketball in the U.S. by the International Basketball Federation (FIBA) and the United States Olympic Committee (USOC), USA Basketball is responsible for the selection, training and fielding of USA teams that compete in FIBA-sponsored international competitions, as well as for some national competitions, and for the development of youth basketball initiatives that address player development, coach education and safety.
USA teams are the current men’s and women’s champions in the Olympics; men’s FIBA World Cup and women’s FIBA World Championship; men’s and women’s FIBA U19 World Championships; men’s FIBA U17 World Championship; men’s and women’s U18 FIBA Americas Championships; men’s U16 FIBA Americas Championship; the FIBA 3×3 Women’s World Championship; and the women’s Youth Olympic Games. USA Basketball currently ranks No. 1 in all five of FIBA’s world-ranking categories, including combined, men’s, women’s, boys and girls.
For further information about USA Basketball, go to the official website of USA Basketball at www.usab.com and connect with us on facebook.com/usabasketball, twitter.com/usabasketball, plus.google.com/+usabasketball, instagram.com/usabasketball and youtube.com/usab.