NEW YORK – The National Basketball Association (NBA) and National Basketball Players Association today jointly announced that LeBron James and the Los Angeles Lakers secured the top spots on the NBA’s Most Popular Jersey and Team Merchandise lists during the 2020 NBA Restart. Results are based on NBAStore.com sales from July 30 through Sept. 28.
The Dallas Mavericks’ Luka Dončić ranked No. 2 on the player list, followed by the Lakers’ Anthony Davis (No. 3), the Boston Celtics’ Jayson Tatum (No. 4) and the Milwaukee Bucks’ Giannis Antetokounmpo (No. 5).
On the team merchandise list, the Lakers are followed by the Celtics (No. 2), Chicago Bulls (No. 3), Miami Heat (No. 4) and Golden State Warriors (No. 5).
• Dončić (No. 2), who made a game-winning shot and averaged 31 points in his first career playoff series, earns his highest ranking to date.
• Miami’s Jimmy Butler (No. 10) returns to the most popular jerseys list for the first time since the 2018-19 regular season.
• The Heat (No. 4) cracks the top five in team merchandise sales for the first time since 2014, which followed Miami’s last appearance in the NBA Finals.
• 2019-20 Kia NBA Rookie of the Year Ja Morant (No. 15) of the Memphis Grizzlies makes his debut on the most popular jerseys list.
The Lakers and Heat will face off in the NBA Finals 2020 presented by YouTube TV beginning tonight at 9 p.m. ET on ABC.
Top 15 Most Popular NBA Jerseys
1. LeBron James, Los Angeles Lakers
2. Luka Dončić, Dallas Mavericks
3. Anthony Davis, Los Angeles Lakers
4. Jayson Tatum, Boston Celtics
5. Giannis Antetokounmpo, Milwaukee Bucks
6. Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors
7. Kevin Durant, Brooklyn Nets
8. Damian Lillard, Portland Trail Blazers
9. Kawhi Leonard, LA Clippers
10. Jimmy Butler, Miami Heat
11. Kemba Walker, Boston Celtics
12. Kyrie Irving, Brooklyn Nets
13. Russell Westbrook, Houston Rockets
14. Nikola Jokić, Denver Nuggets
15. Ja Morant, Memphis Grizzlies
Top 10 Most Popular Team Merchandise
1. Los Angeles Lakers
2. Boston Celtics
3. Chicago Bulls
4. Miami Heat
5. Golden State Warriors
6. Toronto Raptors
7. Dallas Mavericks
8. Milwaukee Bucks
9. Portland Trail Blazers
10. Denver Nuggets