MUMBAI – The NBA India Games 2019 featuring two preseason NBA games between the Sacramento Kings and the Indiana Pacers will be supported by 11 partners, headlined by Reliance Foundation, a strategic partner of the NBA since 2013.
The Kings and the Pacers will play Friday, Oct. 4 and Saturday, Oct. 5 at the Dome, NSCI, SVP Stadium in Mumbai, marking the first games that teams from a North American sports league will play in India. The games will air live in India on SONY TEN 1 and SONY TEN 3 and will reach fans in more than 200 countries and territories on television, digital and social media.
As part of today’s announcement, the NBA also announced the league’s first-ever NBA India Innovation Summit on Friday, Oct. 4. The event will bring together leaders from business, technology, sports and entertainment to discuss innovations impacting the day-to-day lives of people in India.
“This roster of world-class partners for the first NBA India Games illustrates the growth of basketball and the NBA brand in India,” said NBA India Managing Director Rajesh Sethi. “We thank our partners for joining us on this historic event, and we look forward to working with them to activate in unique ways to create unforgettable NBA experiences for our fans across the country.”
Below are highlights of the partners’ efforts:
- As a strategic partner, Reliance Foundation through its Education and Sports for All (ESA) initiative and the NBA will invite a stadium full of boys and girls from participating Reliance Foundation Jr. NBA schools in Mumbai to attend “The NBA India Games for Reliance Foundation ESA” on Oct. 4.
- Reliance Foundation also supported a Jr. NBA Her Time to Play clinic on Oct. 30 for local girls at the Central Railway Sports Association with help from former WNBA player Ebony Hoffman.
- Since its launch in 2013, the Reliance Foundation Jr. NBA program has reached more than 10 million youth from 13,000 schools across 34 cities and has trained more than 13,000 physical education instructors nationwide.
- ACG – One of the world’s leading integrated pharmaceutical solutions and manufacturing company and the first partner of The NBA Academy India – will support an NBA India Coaches clinic led by coaches from the Kings and Pacers for more than 100 coaches from across India.
- ACG will also support the first NBA India Innovation Summit.
- Additionally, ACG will engage fans at the Oct. 5 game through in-arena activations.
- As a partner of the games, Dream11 will use the NBA India Games to drive consumers to the official NBA India Fantasy Game on Dream11.
- Dream11 will support the NBA India Innovation Summit 2019.
- As a partner of The NBA India Games 2019, Gatorade will keep the players and coaches hydrated throughout the games.
- Gatorade will serve as the presenting partner for the pregame warmups before both games.
- Harman International with brands like JBL & Harman Kardon, the global leaders in audio innovation, will conduct multiple promotional events around the games in leading electronic stores to engage with consumers and provide select fans with the opportunity to meet an NBA Legend.
- Harman with its brand JBL, will be a part of the first-ever NBA India Innovation Summit.
- The music streaming platform will host three curated NBA India Games playlists in three different languages (English, Hindi and Tamil) on its platform, which will be promoted extensively to millions of Jio Saavn listeners across India.
- Myntra will offer fans a chance to buy authentic NBA and limited-edition NBA India Games merchandise on its platform.
- Nike will offer fans a chance to buy Pacers and Kings jerseys.
- Nike will also conduct fan engagement activities during the quarter breaks where select winners will receive Nike merchandise.
- The league’s official business analytics partner will be integrated into the NBA India Innovation Summit 2019.
- The NBA’s official watch and timekeeper will host meet-and-greets with NBA Legends for select guests around the NBA India Games.
- The Tissot NBA collection can be found on tissotwatches.com.
- Together with the NBA, Visit California will create unique content to promote The NBA India Games 2019 and highlight the state of California as a sporting destination.
About the NBA
The NBA is a global sports and media business built around four professional sports leagues: the National Basketball Association, the Women’s National Basketball Association, the NBA G League and the NBA 2K League. The NBA has established a major international presence with games and programming in 215 countries and territories in 50 languages, and merchandise for sale in more than 100,000 stores in 100 countries on six continents. NBA rosters at the start of the 2018-19 season featured 108 international players from 42 countries and territories. NBA Digital’s assets include NBA TV, NBA.com, the NBA App and NBA League Pass. The NBA has created one of the largest social media communities in the world, with 1.6 billion likes and followers globally across all league, team, and player platforms. Through NBA Cares, the league addresses important social issues by working with internationally recognized youth-serving organizations that support education, youth and family development, and health-related causes.
About NBA India
The NBA opened an office in Mumbai in 2011 and formed NBA India. NBA India is primarily involved in the development and growth of basketball in India. As a part of its efforts, NBA India, in partnership with the Reliance Foundation, launched the Reliance Foundation Jr. NBA program in 2013. The program has engaged more than 10 million youth across 10,000 schools and trained more than 10,000 physical education instructors nationwide. In May 2017, NBA India officially opened The NBA Academy India, an elite basketball training center at Jaypee Greens Integrated Sports Complex in Delhi National Capital Region (NCR) for the top male and female prospects from throughout India. More than 3.1 million fans follow the NBA India Facebook page (www.facebook.com/NBAIndia). The Indiana Pacers and Sacramento Kings will play two preseason games in Mumbai on October 4 and 5, 2019, marking the first-ever NBA games in India.